Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to caulk intersections where two PVC trims intersect?
- Yes, Vinyl Corp. recommends that all butt joints, intersections, ends and corners be caulked and sealed with a high-performance sealant. The installer should follow recommendations provided by the sealant manufacturer. Miter joints may be desired and should be discussed with the construction team prior to installation.
Are Vinyl Corp. products compliant with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)?
- Yes, all Vinyl Corp. products are produced in Miami, FL and all of our PVC is purchased from domestic suppliers. Documentation may be requested and provided through www.vinylcorp.com.
Do Vinyl Corp. products contain any asbestos?
- No, all Vinyl Corp. products are asbestos free. MSDS sheets are available upon request.
Are Vinyl Corp. products resistant to Ultra Violet (UV) sunrays?
- Yes, all Vinyl Corp. exterior grade products are resistant to UV light. This means they will not degrade/yellow/fade in direct sunlight. The compounds used are designed for exterior conditions, much like those used in vinyl windows.
Can I use PVC trims in lieu of galvanized or even zinc trims?
- Yes, Vinyl Corp. manufactures exterior trims from PVC with compounds using Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) that resists UV radiation. All Vinyl Corp. exterior products are formulated and manufactured to meet ASTM D4216. ASTM C-1063, Sec. 6.6.2, Table 1 permits use of PVC, with this direction: "The selection of an appropriate type of material for accessories shall be determined by applicable surrounding climatic and environmental conditions specific to the project location, such as salt air, industrial pollution, high moisture, or humidity."
Are Vinyl Corp. products lead free?
- Yes, all Vinyl Corp. products are manufactured from lead free PVC compounds.
Can I paint PVC trims?
- Yes, our products have excellent adhesion properties and no priming is required. We suggest consulting with the paint manufacturer as to the surface to be painted. 1 – 2 coats are recommended to cover well. Lastly, Vinyl Corp. has the ability to also integrally color the PVC component; discuss this with our Technical personnel at 800-648-4695.
Have Vinyl Corp. products been tested to flame and smoke spread standards?
- Yes, Vinyl Corp. products have been extensively tested in accordance with ASTM E-84 standards (Steiner tunnel smoke testing of extruded profiles), with results exceeding the minimum values for Class 1 (or A) materials.
Are Vinyl Corp. products compatible with Bituthene or other rubberized asphalt adhesives?
- No, PVC products are not compatible with the rubberized asphalt adhesive of the bituthene membrane. They should not be applied directly to the PVC trims without the use of a barrier, or separation layer.
Do Vinyl Corp. vent products have a Florida Building Code (FBC) or Miami-Dade product approval number?
- No, PVC vent products are not required to hold an FBC or Miami-Dade approval number because these products are specified in the 2010 Florida Building Code. Since these products are directly specified and comply with ASTM standards, additional approval is not required.
What if I see a vinyl component from another manufacturer for my application. Can Vinyl Corp. match those designs, or make modifications to existing designs?
- YES, Vinyl Corp. personnel can assist you with cross-referencing to other vinyl components. Furthermore, Vinyl Corp. may be able to modify existing components, or will investigate creating a brand new, unique vinyl component for your application. Contact Vinyl Corp at 800-648-4695.